-->

Saturday, March 2, 2013

1 year + Bedroom Makeover = Picture overload!

So, today marks 364 days since I married my best friend! I can't put into words how thankful I am for Brian and everything he has brought to my life! Everyone told us that the first year of marriage is the hardest but if thats true for us, we will have a SUPER easy life ahead! Of course we have had our differences and had to learn how to live together but overall it was a very smooth transition!

















Happy One Year to my Sweetie (tomorrow)!!

3-3-12 <3


In honor of one year of marriage I've decided to actually start to decorate our bedroom..I know i've mentioned before that it looks like a prison cell. White walls. Grey curtains and beddings. NO color. 

The color scheme Im going with is Grey(light and dark), yellow, and shades of Aqua and Turquoise.  We added our first pop of color today with old shutters. I LOVE them! I have been pinning different ideas for jewelry storage that was both cute and functional and then I thought of all of the shutter my SIL gave me to repurpose. 



We started with this dark wooden shutter and sprayed it with white primer. We let it dry overnight before I gave it 2 coats of "Aqua" spray paint.



Once painted Brian put little hinges on the back to hang them on the wall and then added hooks we picked up from Home Depot.


Next, we mounted them on the wall and added all of my necklaces and earrings.

We needed something extra on the TV wall in our room and I think this does the trick!




Next project to tackle is making something to store my bracelets and earrings with posts..Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment