-->

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Thursday world! Its my day off and I am trying to get myself up and going on this lazy morning!

 I have had a hard time getting myself to cook dinner on the days that I work outside of our home and it really bothers me! You cant really have leftovers every night if you don't actually cook some meals! Today I am putting together 2 new crockpot freezer meals to try out next week.



Recipe 1

Honey Sesame Chicken
1 lb chopped cooked chicken
3 T olive oil
2 T honey
2 T sesame seeds
3 T soy sauce
2 t. sesame oil
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 package frozen brocolli

Place all ingredients in freezer bag, toss to coat and freeze.  When ready, place in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.  Serve over hot cooked rice.

Recipe 2

Crockpot Fajitas


6 Chicken Tenders or 1 lb. Chicken Breast
1 medium onion sliced
1 medium green pepper sliced
2 cups of salsa
1 can of green chiles
1 package of fajita seasoning (old elpaso)
2 T. olive oil
Place all items in freezer bag. Toss and freeze flat. When ready to cook place all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Remove chicken from mix, shred and then add back into the mix. Serve with warm tortillas and top with salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce, sour cream and shredded cheese.

They sound easy enough and like they will have a lot of flavor. I just hate when i try a new crockpot recipe and it comes out bland and dry!

What is your favorite quick and easy meal?

1 comment:

  1. Both of those recipes sound delicious! I think I am going to have to try both very soon. I was thinking the same thing you were...I need to learn how to cook more. I just downloaded a packet to help me plan my house keeping abilities...recipes, appliances, cleaning schedule, etc.

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete