-->

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2 Sleeping babies..

Hi All!

I am sitting in silence while the two little ones I nanny for are taking their morning nap. I don't have much time before they decide to wake up for their bottle so I'll try to get another Europe update in real quick!

Remember that time that I said I was going to try to get back into my normal routine of life and back to blogging regularly? Yeah, not there yet. Hopefully soon.


Back to Europe...


Last week I told you a little about our trip over and our first day there, Sunday. Today I'll tell you about Monday and Tuesday in Switzerland.

On Monday I was still not feeling very comfortable going out alone in a foreign country where I didn't speak one word of the language but I didn't want to waste time  so off I went to explore! I loved the buildings and homes in the town we were staying in. It actually reminded me a lot of the town Belle is from in Beauty and the Beast ( Don't judge, I am a nanny..I HAVE to watch Disney movies...right?). I got a couple pictures of the street our hotel was on:









That evening when Brian got back from work we went to the grocery store and bought steak and potatoes to make for dinner. One of the perks of staying in the guesthouse was a full kitchen! It was lovely :-)

One of Brian's co-workers from the Switzerland office wanted to take Brian and I as well as Brian's co-worker that traveled with him to dinner in Lucerne on Tuesday. His wife felt bad that I was staying in the guesthouse alone all day while Brian worked and offered to take me to Lucerne during the day on Tuesday and then we would meet up with the rest of the group for dinner that evening.

Im not going to lie, I was nervous to spend the day with someone I didn't know but I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to see new things. So off I went to Lucerne. I had no idea what we would be doing all day. I wore flats on Monday and ended up with blisters all over my feet so I knew that I was wearing flip flops for the rest of the trip. Im from Florida..flip flops are everyday/everyseason wear :-) I will be the first to tell you that they are not good for hiking a mountain..which is what we ended up doing. We took a tour of Rigi Kulm which started with a boat ride to the base of the mountain, from there we hiked to the cable car lift. We rode the cable car up and then took a 30 min hike to the train station where we rode another bit of the way up. We did the final hike to the top ( where I was sure I was going to die..) and it was beauitful!!






























We later met up with the guys hen they got off work and went to this cute french restaurant in Lucerne. The food was fantastic ! We headed back to our hotel from there where I struggled to catch on to the time change again. Every night in Switzerland I was awake from 1am-5am..so miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment