-->

Monday, July 9, 2012

Its good to be home!


Hello Friends!

 I am so happy to be home! Vacation is always fun but this girl needs her routine! We got home about 24 hours ago and we are all unpacked, the laundry is all done and I even had time to squeeze in a bubble bath!

 Today I have been busy with the laundry but decided to try making my own granola because Publix wants a little more than I want to pay for it. It turned out fantastic, I'll never buy it again! Here is my recipe:



Honey Nut Granola

Ingredients


2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup of Peanuts ( crushed)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. 
Use a non-stick baking sheet.
In a large bowl, toss the oats with the cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl, stir together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.

Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and use your hands to combine them: Gather up some of the mixture in each hand and make a fist. Repeat until all of the oats are coated with the honey mixture.

Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly, but leave a few clumps here and there for texture. 

Bake for 10 mins then stir then granola, flipping it so the other side cooks as well. Add crushed peanuts and bake for another 10 minutes. Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container.

Yum Yum Yum!

You can add any kind of nuts or dried fruit to it as well! I like to keep it simple though. Next time I think I will try it with less brown sugar. It tastes great this way but I think it could stand to cut back on the sugar!

I hope you are all having a fantastic start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment