-->

Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Update!

Happy Monday everyone! What a crazy week/weekend this has been! I had so much crammed into 4 days that I think i could just sleep through this week! Thursday morning I woke up early to drive up to Ocala for my younger sister's high school graduation that evening.

Me and Mariah after her graduation ceremony

I got to meet my brother James' fiance while I was in Ocala as well. He is home on leave for a few weeks after finishing his deployment in Afghanistan. He gets stationed in Hawaii next..jealous!
James and his fiance Julia



Friday morning I had breakfast with one of my BFFs Emily at our favorite breakfast spot, Wolfy's. This was the first time we have been able to get together since I got married so it was nice to take our time catching up. Afterwards I stopped by her new house to check it out and meet her new puppy. Its so crazy that most of my friends are married. It makes me sad that we are not all in the same town together anymore.

This is a picture of me and Emily a couple summers ago when we went on a roadtrip to see my brother graduate from Basic Training.




Its not often that I go to Ocala without Brian so I knew that it would be a good idea to try and squeeze in another meal with another BFF before I had to head home. I made plans to have lunch with Natalie.  Natalie and I used to have lunch together several times a week. We worked the same schedules and not too far from eachother. Natalie is the friend I used to hang out with most. Its been hard since I moved away 2+ years ago to find someone that I can just bum around with and watch hours on end of seasons of the original Beverly Hills 90210. 

This is Natalie and myself at my Bridal Shower back in January








After lunch with Natalie, I jumped back on the turnpike to head back home. Brian and I met up with a few other couples from our church at a place called "Go Van Gogh" to pick a project to paint. Brian and I chose to paint coasters for our coffee table. Unfortunately I am not great and painting..especially the small details and Brian is just a little bit better than I am so It will be interesting to see how they turn out next week!

Working hard at Go Van Gogh

Saturday was a much needed lazy day after all of that driving(and eating). We slept in, went to a few yard sales, got some groceries from Costco then spent the afternoon by the pool with our friends Jeremy and Mandie. After we finished relaxing by the pool we grilled out and watched a movie.

Brian, Jeremy and Mandie
Sunday morning we went to church and then went over to the beach right afterwards for some baptisms and a BBQ.  One thing I love about our church is that we have a lot of fellowship. We do life together..I feel like thats very important!

That was my busy busy weekend, What did you do?












1 comment:

  1. Wow! That WAS a super busy weekend, but also full of good things from the sound of it! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete