-->

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What God is showing me..


A couple weeks ago I wrote about how God was speaking to me about stepping up and taking advantage of the opportunities He presents to me to serve and love others. 

Recently I came across the blog of a girl that does just that. She has completely given up her "easy", "comfortable" life in the states and lives in Uganda. I don't know if I've ever been so convicted in my life. From what I've read on her webpage, At 22 she has accomplished SO much and has impacted so many lives. She started a child sponsorship program, a non-profit organization called Amazima Ministries International, a feeding program, a self-sustaining vocational program and much more! Not to mention she has adopted 13 Ugandan children.

She is quoted saying "People tell me I am brave. People tell me I am strong. People tell me good job. Well here is the truth of it. I am really not that brave, I am not really that strong, and I am not doing anything spectacular. I am just doing what God called me to do as a follower of Him. Feed His sheep, do unto the least of His people." 

Can you imagine what our world would look like if we all did what God called us to do? Can you imagine what it would look like if we all loved others? If we all gave more than we were "comfortable" giving? If we all put the needs of others ahead of our own?

I challenge you to ask God to make you more aware of situations around you that you can show His love and kindness in. I can bet He will!


No comments:

Post a Comment