-->

Friday, May 11, 2012

New Recipe Friday!

Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone! I am excited to head to Ocala this weekend to spend Mother's Day with my mom. What are your plans?

This week I tried 2 new recipes. The first one was Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Stew and I was not a fan. It called for instant coffee and I think it made the flavor very bitter leaving a not so pleasant aftertaste. I plan to tweak it a little the next time I try it by adding less coffee and maybe a little honey to it. So, Until I get it right, I wont post the recipe.

The second recipe I tried was a Strawberries and Cream Pie. YUM! We had our associate pastor and his wife over for dinner last night so I was really hoping the pie would turn out! It was delicious! I didn't drizzle chocolate because for some reason I like my fruity desserts to stay fruity and my chocolate desserts to have no fruit. I also bought a pre made graham cracker crust..less work :-) Here is a picture followed by the recipe. I hope you enjoy!




Ingredients:(Crust)
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (About 9 full/long crackers — just throw them in a gallon bag, zip, and crush with a rolling pin.)
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
(Filling)
- 1
 8oz block of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream + 1 tbsp
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 carton strawberries, sliced into thirds or halves
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Steps:(1) Preheat oven to 375.
(2) In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until a crumbly, moist mixture forms.
(3) Gently but firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom/sides of a pie dish.
(4) Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
** This is the only baking that you need to do for this recipe, so don’t forget to turn the oven off!
(5) In a medium bowl, use an electric mixture to beat your cream until it holds firm peaks. Set aside.
(6) In a separate, larger bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
(7) Fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into your cream cheese mixture to lighten it, then add the rest. Gently fold until evenly incorporated and smooth.
(8) Spoon filling into your cooled pie crust, and spread it out in an even layer.
(9) Layer sliced strawberries in an overlapping rows around the top of the cream.
(10) Melt chocolate + 1 tbsp cream, and stir until smooth and liquid. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the strawberries.
(11) Stick the pie in the fridge for a few hours to allow the creamy filling to firm up.
(12) Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Caramelized onions would be good for sweetening the bbq.

    ReplyDelete