-->

Thursday, July 12, 2012

To go to Switzerland..or not?

Hey guys, Hows your week going? Today is my Friday! Yay!


My husband Brian is an engineer and loves his job! The company he works for also has a branch in Switzerland so he has had the opportunity to go there for work in the past. He has a trip to Switzerland coming up most likely at the end of August that I have been hoping to join him on. I have never been to Europe and would miss him terribly if he went without me! Today he asked me if I updated my passport...uhhh nope! I cannot believe I forgot to do this! Because its been 2 years since my passport was issued I have to pay the full $140 renewal fee for just a name change. Seriously?? Its supposed to last 10 years. It also takes up to 6 weeks to receive once I send off for it. It looks like i'm going to miss out on this trip unless we get it expedited for another $60. I cannot express how bummed I am. The unexpected $200 worth of passport fees plus the $1000+ airfare is a lot of money.


I am kicking myself for forgetting to change my name on the passport. This trip has been planned 3 or 4 different times and has had to change because of our wedding, the other person on the project being on vacation, other people being on vacation, etc.. I guess with all the changes it just slipped my mind.

What do I do when Im stressed or upset? Clean and clean a lot! Its been about an hour and a half since I realized I probably wont get to go on the trip and my bathroom is sparkling, the wood and tiles floors have been scrubbed and 2 loads of laundry are done.  Im trying not to be so upset about it because I know God has blessed us with so much and this is such a small thing in the scheme of things but I was so looking forward to it.

On a completely different note, I am grateful for Yo Gabba Gabba on Netflix this week. The one year old I am watching LOVES it! Im not gonna lie, its a really weird show but I catch myself singing the weird little songs all day.


Speaking of little ones Im watching..I have a second interview with a family coming up. They are having twins due at the end of this month. I am really hoping to get this job because I LOVE LOVE LOVE working with newborns and the first meeting with the future mom went great! She seems like a really nice person that would be great to work with! I would watch them from my home 4 days a week ( which is ideal, I still have a weekday to get things done!). Please, if you think about it, join me in praying that if this is the job I am supposed to have, God will make it clear! My guest room is so full of baby stuff, its ridiculous! Brian doesn't even like to go in there, it freaks him out!

Anyways, enough of my rambling. I hope you all have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment