-->

Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend Update!

Happy Memorial Day! I am so grateful for all of the service men and women who sacrifice so much for our freedom. Coming from a family with several members who are currently or have served I know how hard it can be for them to be away from the ones they love. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your willingness to serve and protect!

I am enjoying this lovely long weekend with my love. I don't know what we are gonna do when he has to work a full week again. This is the third week in a row he has had a short week (4 days or less) due to vacation and holidays! Today I am babysitting till noon then we may grill out and hang out by our pool. Its so nice to relax!

Saturday morning we got up early to hit a couple yard sales around town. We got some pretty good deals on random things i've been watching for to complete some DIY projects! We also stopped by goodwill and got these lovely barstools.

**Dont mind the clutter on the counters. I promise I cleared it off shortly after taking this pic ;-)**

Sunday we went to church and then met my mom and older sister Ilissa in Vero Beach for dinner and to hand off my first car to Ilissa. On our way home we rented "The girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and watched it later in the evening. I really think it could have been a great story if it didn't have so many inappropriate scenes. I love a good mystery (which is why my TV is almost always on Investigation Discovery) but it was hard to watch with all of the inappropriate nonsense.

As I mentioned above, I was able to get a few supplies needed for DIY projects at yard sales.  We ordered one of our favorite wedding pictures as a "Stand out" and put it above our TV in the living room. As much as I love it, it needed a little something more on either side or above it..something. Earlier this month I came across a "pin" on Pinterest of a curtain rod with pictures hanging from it by ribbon and bows. PERFECT! So I picked up cheap frames, a used curtain rod and pulled out my left over tulle and ribbon from our wedding and got to work! This is the end result. I am pretty happy with it!



I hope you all enjoy the last day of the holiday weekend and make sure you thank a service man or woman for what they do or have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment