-->

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Favorite Things- Make-Up

Hi Everyone!

Today I would like to share my top 5 favorite make-up items! I have way more than 5 favorites but for the sake of not boring you to death time, I'll limit it to 5 :-)

1) Clinique Daily Moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion )- I have dry skin and until I started using this product 5+ years ago, I would end up with my foundation clinging to the dry skin and making my forehead look scale-y. I was also told to not remove my make-up at night but to sleep in it and remove it in the morning. Between this moisturizer and that tip my skin no longer flakes or looks scale-y :-)





2) Clinique Foundation ( Clinique Superbalanced Makeup Foundation) - Now I know everyone's skin is different and that this wont be the super product for you just because it is for me BUT that being said, I LOVE this foundation! I have tried other foundations over the years, cheaper and more expensive, and none of them give me the finish that this does. I feel like as soon as I try another foundation my face breaks out. You can use as little or as much as you want so it tends to last me 4-6 months!



3) Translucent Powder ( I dont have a favorite..I usually just get the cheapest one I find and it has never mattered to me )- What this does for me is allows me to have a "flawless finish" look. Living in Florida most of my life, I deal with the heat and humidity virtually year around. Even though I have dry skin, my make up still sweats off or gives me the "shiny/greasy" look after any amount of time outdoors. My trick is to use this powder  a few minutes AFTER I apply moisturizer and BEFORE I put on foundation. ** I prefer using a loose powder but i'm sure the pressed powder works just as well**



4) Mascara ( I have 2 favorites: Urban Decay "Big Fatty" and Femme Couture Monster Lash)- I like dramatic lashes, what can I say? I have naturally long and full lashes so with the right mascara there is no need for falsies! I used Monster Lash on my wedding day and it was awesome. I need to run out to Sally's and grab some more! I am currently using Big Fatty because it was given to me but I have to say for less than 1/2 the price Monster Lash is just as great! No clumps and separates lashes well!






5) EyeShadow ( Stila "In the Light" Palette)- This is an AWESOME palette of colors! You can achieve so many looks and so easily! I love the little guide booklet that comes with it that shows you step by step how to create different looks. The colors are warm but can be used year around!  I cannot believe how much money I have wasted over the years buying individual colors. I think I will forever invest in palettes now!



What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment