-->

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Favorite Things-Kitchen Appliances

I. Love. To. Cook. PERIOD.

I used to hate to bake because I was impatient and not confident in it..now I LOVE it! I love making cheesecakes, cupcakes, cookies..you name it, I'll bake it.

I love cooking dinner. I love trying new recipes. I love hosting and entertaining. I love the kitchen..my favorite room in any house! I am so excited to eventually own a house and make it my own..especially the kitchen! I always thought I would want a cobalt and yellow kitchen FOREVER but lately I have had the urge to brighten it up big time with some pinks, greens and teal. I suppose this will be my new project..collecting things here and there. Im really loving the spring collections at WorldMarket.com


Anyways, back to my post- Kitchen Appliances. Here is my top 5 list of favorites and then my top 5 Pinterest Wish List :-)

Raclette Grill- Back in September my husband and I visited Switzerland. He had to work but I was lucky enough to explore and sight see. One night one of the wives of someone he works with in Switzerland invited us over for an authentic swiss dish- Raclette. WE. FELL. IN. LOVE! This handy little grill made specifically for raclette warms the meat/ potatoes/ bread/whatever you want on top and melts your cheese and toppings in a little tray below. Its kind of the same concept as fondue where you cook your dinner individually at the table but a bit heartier in my opinion. Picture it- A steamed baby potato smothered in melted cheese topped with WHATEVER YOU WANT ( mushrooms, peppers,onions,garlic,bacon,hametc..get creative). YUM. After telling my mom all about it she bought a Raclette grill for us for Christmas. Now we can enjoy it whenever we want..and we DO!



Kitchenaid Mixer- Aside from my Engagement/Wedding rings and my Pup this is my favorite gift from Brian. I cannot express to you how much I love mine! I use it almost on a daily basis. It is a kitchen staple in my opinion!



Food Processor-While its still new to me and i'm learning new things every time I use it, I LOVE IT! It makes everything just a little bit easier. I cannot wait to make my Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa mix this fall! It was very difficult in my mini food prep last year!



Keurig- When I was a live-in nanny the family I lived with had a Keurig and it was my first experience with one. I love the convenience and simplicity of it! When I have coffee its usually on the go and I don't feel like measuring out coffee/water for one person. Keurig bought=problem solved.



Rice Cooker- Another staple in my opinion. I use this weekly..sometimes a few times a week. I absolutely love my cheap little rice cooker because it makes perfect rice every time. It also makes great quinoa!



Now, My wish List :-)















No comments:

Post a Comment